RE: Distillation of urine

Paul,
If you want to eliminate the time and effort of distillation, I would
suggest using more ls solution per vial, using more urine per vial, and
counting each vial longer.
This should keep you above the lower end of your detection limit.
Regards,
Wes
Wesley R. Van Pelt, PhD., CIH, CHP
Wesley R. Van Pelt Associates, Inc.
Consulting in Health Physics and Environmental Radioactivity.
 mailto://vanpeltw@idt.net

We have been performing analysis of some human urine samples for
levels of tritium that are at the lower end of our LSC to measure. We
have been distilling the urine to rid it of the color and chemicals
other than water. This distillation process is more than a burden.
Does anyone use a process that would eliminate the distillation
process?

Thanks,

Paul Lavely
UC Berkeley