Re: Sequoyah plant HEU fuel assembly leak

There is no information to even make a guess as to how significant the issue
is.  Some postulate that the normal levels of Iodine and Xenon found in
reactor coolant is due to the porosity of the metal structure at high
temperatures, not defects in the cladding.

Was a defect actually measured after a run in the reactor?  Are they just
experiencing elevated Xe and I levels in Reactor coolant during a run?  There
is no more information here just the same as saying a radiation leak occurred
at Chernobyl.

I don't believe there is a plant on the plant that has not had some form of
"leaker", it could just be that this project is being watched by many...
Perhaps more relevant details will come.

glen vickers
glen.vickers@exeloncorp.com