RE: Information on radiation protection from Pakistan

> Extremity dosimeters are indicated for personnel using gamma and high
> energy beta emitters such as P-32, I-125 and Co-57.

I agree with Thomas. Please also consider that in the USA federal and
state regulations, there must also be a specific percentage of the
annual (or quarterly) dose limits, that must be exceeded before
extremity monitoring is required. There are also regulatory guides
that state that extremity monitoring is generally worn when the
working environment is such that the extremity dose is > 5 times the
Deep Dose Equivalent, and, that the Deep Dose Equivalent is > 100
mrem (1.0 mSv). In all cases, the RSO or individual in charge should
consider these as well as other working environmental conditions
before determining that extremity monitoring is needed, or is not
necessary.

Sandy Perle					Tel:(714) 545-0100 / (800) 548-5100
Director, Technical				Extension 2306
ICN Worldwide Dosimetry Service		Fax:(714) 668-3149
ICN Pharmaceuticals, Inc.			E-Mail: sandyfl@earthlink.net
ICN Plaza, 3300 Hyland Avenue  		E-Mail: sperle@icnpharm.com
Costa Mesa, CA 92626

Personal Website: http://sandyfl.nukeworker.net