Re: Request for suggestion

On Thu, 14 Dec 2000, Mike Fuller wrote:

> Anything that reduces the greenhouse effect is good for the environment.
>
> Nuclear power reduces the greenhouse effect.
> Therefore Nuclear power is good for the environment.

	--Of course I use this and dozens of other such arguments. But I
am convinced that the key issue is that people think that nuclear power is
unacceptable because it kills people. I counter this by pointing out that
coal burning, the chief competion which is now widely accepted, is killing
at least a thousand times as many people. But I am told that this argument
is unacceptable, so I need a substitute.