Re: Request for suggestion

>(You can't work thru political orgs like ANS or HPS.  What about APS, AIP,
>ACS, etc.  They may be more scientific, and greater commitment, to support
>producing credible educational materials.)

at http://www.ehs.uiuc.edu/~rad/radsafe.html

Jim,  I don't know whether ANS and HPS can best be  best described as
"political" organizations.  Perhaps they are more like labor unions
advancing what they consider the best economic interests of their
membership. For  HPs, ALARA and LNT are good for business. The concepts of
hormesis and the innocuous nature  of low-dose radiation exposure are bad.
Also, acceptance of the ideas that Bernie Cohen has so well shown would mean
that the radiation safety "priesthood" (ICRP, NCRP, EPA, etc.) has been
wrong for decades. Regardless of the abundant scientific merit  of Bernie's
work, that would be very hard for them to swallow. Perhaps truth and virtue
will triumph eventually, but don't hold your breath.