Subject: derivation of the term "lead pig"
Author:  <radsafe@romulus.ehs.uiuc.edu> at INTERNET
Date:    2000-12-14 15:50

I know that this was discussed previously, and, I think it comes from
the Manhattan Project days, but am not sure.

I would appreciate someone providing the history (again) and I will
pass this on to a facility who asked me recently for the derivation.

I have an archive job running now, but nothing has been returned yet.

Thanks in advance!

Sandy Perle                                        Tel:(714) 545-0100 / (800) 54
8-5100
Director, Technical                                Extension 2306
ICN Worldwide Dosimetry Service                Fax:(714) 668-3149
ICN Pharmaceuticals, Inc.                        E-Mail: sandyfl@earthlink.net
ICN Plaza, 3300 Hyland Avenue                  E-Mail: sperle@icnpharm.com
Costa Mesa, CA 92626

Personal Website: http://sandyfl.nukeworker.net