Re: Thank you

Thank you everybody for your offer of support!  It might be a good idea to
email a copy of your letter (if you choose to send one) to
paola.rozzi@stoneweb.com (my contact).

Because a number of you requested it, here is a shortened version of  the
short resume that I use for my current employer's blurb.  I don't mind
sending the long version to anyone, though.

BS, Physics, University of Illinois, 1956
MS, Physics, University of Illinois, 1957
Ph.D., Chemistry, The Johns Hopkins University, 1962

Currently a member of the Jason Associates analytical team for
transportation risk assessments, both radiological and non-radiological, for
the Yucca Mountain EIS; 14 years’ experience in risk assessment, primarily
assessing risks of airborne pollutants and transportation risks, including
design of a graduate course in risk analysis; approximately 25 years’
experience in environmental impact assessment: reviewing EAs and EISs;
project leader for several environmental assessments and as the
transportation and air quality analyst on a number of others.  Tenured
professor of chemistry and environmental studies at three different
universities for a total of 26 years.  Co-author of two textbook series:
Environmental Engineering and Environmental Pollution and Control, in their
third and fourth editions, respectively. More than 100 technical
publications.  Chairman of the Department of Chemistry at Florida
International University, Dean of the College and Professor of Environmental
Studies at Western Washington University, currently Adjunct Professor of
Civil Engineering at the University of New Mexico.

About a dozen awards for work in environmental science, most recently the
1998 YWCA Women on the Move Award in Science and Technology.  Congressional
Science Fellow, member of AAAS, Society for Risk Analysis, Health Physics
Society.  Elected to the Board of the American Nuclear Society in 2000.

Ruth Weiner
ruth_weiner@msn.com