Russian to English Machine Translators

Good morning, all.

I am interested if anyone has used one of the Russian to
English machine translation software packages.  I
volunteer for a foundation that works a Russian
institute, and we are looking for an easier way to
surmount the language barrier.

I know that MT will not solve all problems, but would be
interested in the experiences that any of you have with
such packages.

I am particularly interested in how well the software
has performed for technical/medical communications.

We have access to skilled human translators.  We are
looking at this software as a screening method so that
we can utilize the people translators more effectively.

Thanks,

Jim Barnes, CHP
Radiation Safety Officer
Rocketdyne/Boeing