Re: Metal detectors at airports

Re:  Airport X-ray detectors
In New York State, these would be regulated by the NYS Department of Labor
which has a Radiation Safety Unit.
While with the New York City Bureau for Radiological Health, I surveyed the
units at Kennedy and LaGuardia airports.   The amount of radiation emitted is
very, very low. (I don't remember the exact numbers). The X-ray unit is well
shielded and not accessible to the operator,  I believe the are federal
guidelines issued by the Center for Radiological Devices, part of the FDA.
Check CFR Part 21.

Re: Metal Detectors
I had chewing gum wrappers in my pocket set these off.

Jane Bragg, RRPT