Re: NRC Finding of Employment Discrimination

William V Lipton wrote:

>  This illustrates the importance of carefully reviewing all
> safety concerns from your employees and avoiding even the appearance of
> discrimination.

Neither seem at issue here. The findings are of actual "intolerable working
conditions," "threats of termination," "isolation," and on.  Nothing about
"reviewing safety concerns" (whether or not valid).

We can't get paranoid about "appearances" of discrimination. Fortunately, the
legal/regulatory policies have become much more substantial in dealing with
actual vs. "perceptual" issues of things like "discrimination," including the
actual record of complaints and statements objecting to actions.

Now if we could equivalently deal with the false "perceptions" being fostered
that any dose is harmful, we could solve the radiation-phobia problem.  Can we
get NCRP held to that standard?

Regards, Jim
muckerheide@mediaone.net