Re: Radiation Training Information from Hunza Pakistan.

Dear Dr. Hussain:

Since your audience is a group of radiographers and medical personnel who
would be expected to use therapy and diagnostic sources, I would recommend
adding some specific information about:

1.  the methods and radioisotopes that would be used in typical therapy and
diagnostic procedures,
2.  typical doses to patients and to the organs of interest - tie this into
biology and protection concepts
3.  special precautions required for certain procedures, and the reasons for
those precautions (ie, radionuclides which are excreted and cause
contamination problems, etc.)

I would recommend giving the students an information sheet with specific
medical nuclide information towards the beginning of the class, and would
keep using examples of these as I progressed into the areas you have listed.

Barbara Reider, CHP