RE: radioprotection of other species

Dear Fritz,

It is indeed something to think about in the 21st century and maybe to
incorporate into next ICRP recommendations.  Don't remember where I've heard
it but the following seems to me as quite appropriate:
Current ICRP recommendations:
"The Commission therefore believes that if man is adequately protected then
the other living things are also likely to be sufficiently protected."
The idea is to change this to:
"If other living things are adequately protected then the man is also likely
to be sufficiently protected."

Just my opinion, of course.
Implementation of something like that into practice will be, of course,
quite complicated.  However, I reckon that that's where radiation protection
philosophy will eventually end up.

Kind regards
Nick Tsurikov
Eneabba, Western Australia