Fwd: Discussion on Chemical and Radiation Health Risks

Does anyone in the Radsafe community have any information on Dr Sherman??
She's going to "inform" the local residents about the potential risks from a
refuse-to-energy plant (i.e., county waste incinerator) and a Neutron
Products, Inc., an irradiation and source processing facility nearby.

Reply to me directly, unless the information is of interest to the List at
large.

Morton I. Goldman, Sc.D., P.E.
MrtGoldman@aol.com

Please feel free to redistribute this invitation to anybody who may want to
attend.

Sugarloaf Citizens Association presents
Janette D. Sherman, M.D.

speaking on the human health effects of chemical carcinogens, ionizing
radiation,
and endocrine-disrupting chemical pollutants found in the environment.

When: Saturday, January 13, 2001
 10:00 am – 12:00 noon

Where: Linden Farm
 20900 Martinsburg Road
 Dickerson, Maryland (Montgomery County)

Admission: Free.  Dr. Sherman does not charge a fee for her community work.
Her
books, which are written for the public, will be for sale at this event.

Janette D. Sherman, M.D., specializes in and has practiced internal medicine
and
toxicology since 1970.  She holds degrees in Biology, Chemistry, Mathematics,
and
German.  Dr. Sherman has worked in radiation and biological research at the
University of California/Atomic Energy Commission facility, where she
monitored
radiation emissions, and at the U.S. Navy Radiological Defense Laboratory,
Hunter’s Point, San Francisco, California.  Since 1973, Dr. Sherman has
served as
a speaker for Health Professional, Legal, Medical, and Labor Groups regarding
occupational and environmentally caused diseases.  She has testified before
the
U.S. Senate, and on behalf of patients in toxic tort cases.  Dr. Sherman has
been
an advisor for health advocacy groups concerning breast cancer, birth defects,
pesticides, and toxic dump sites.  She is the author of some 70 articles
concerning adverse effects from exposure to toxic agents, including chlordane,
Dursban, lindane, DDT, PCBs, PBBs, dioxins, tamoxifen, DES, radiation, and
others.  Her primary interest is the prevention of illness and of harm through
education of the public and the patient.

Times are changing.  It is becoming impossible to ignore the carnage of
endocrine-disrupting chemicals, nuclear radiation, and chemical carcinogens,
alone and in combination, invading nearly every family with cancer.  Facing
this
reality may be too much for some people, afraid to look, or afraid of being
the
next victim.  The story of cancer is not an easy one, and neither is cancer.
But
if we do not exert our efforts to prevent this disease, we doom our children
and
grandchildren to repeat our collective errors.
 from Life’s Delicate Balance  - Causes and Prevention of Breast Cancer
  Janette D. Sherman, M.D.

Directions: Take Route 28 to Dickerson.  At the flashing light, turn onto
Martinsburg Road.  Linden Farm is on the right.  This event is being held in
the
Gothic Dairy Barn.

Note: In the case of inclement weather, this event will be rescheduled. Call
301/349-4889 for a recorded message.