From: radsafe@romulus.ehs.uiuc.edu
[mailto:radsafe@romulus.ehs.uiuc.edu]On Behalf Of North, David
Sent: Thursday, January 04, 2001 1:43 PM
To: Multiple recipients of list
Subject: RE: Radioisotopes in Medical Cardiac Testing

In answer to the medical questions:

1) snip

2) The patients are always informed that they are receiving small quantities
of radioactive material as radiopharmaceuticals. The nuclear medicine
technologist who administers the radiopharmaceutical will generally not be
aware of the patient's occupation.

3) The whole body dose will be roughly 0.5 rad regardless of the
radionuclide used since longer lived radionuclides will be given in smaller
amounts of activity.
<SNIP>