From: Franz Schoenhofer [mailto:franz.schoenhofer@chello.at]
Sent: Thursday, January 18, 2001 11:43
To: Multiple recipients of list
Subject: Re: BBC DU article

------=_NextPart_000_0019_01C080EA.86983B00

>But two senior scientists have told BBC News Online they believe it may be
>serious mistake to rule DU out of the equation.
>Both remain open-minded on whether DU actually does damage health, but both
>believe its effects are poorly understood. Neither was prepared to be
named.

I do not think that it is worth commenting on what the two senior scientists
according to BBC said. But I would like to ask the rethorical question, what
the opinion of "two senior scientists" is worth, who cannot stand for their
opinion by revealing their names. What is the message of BBC - which I until
now always regarded as an excellent source of information, free from any
bias - worth, when they have to cite some anonymous sources. In Austria most
papers state, that they refuse to publish anonymous letters to the editor.

Franz

------=_NextPart_000_0019_01C080EA.86983B00
	filename="Franz Schoenhofer.vcf"

BEGIN:VCARD
VERSION:2.1
N:Schoenhofer;Franz
FN:Franz Schoenhofer
ORG:Federal Ministry for Agriculture, Forestry, Environment and Water =
Management, Department of Radiation Protection
TEL;WORK;VOICE:+43-1-71100-4458
TEL;HOME;VOICE:+43-1-495 53 08
TEL;CELL;VOICE:+43-699-116 813 19
TEL;WORK;FAX:+43-1-7122331
TEL;HOME;FAX:+43-1-495 53 08
ADR;WORK:;;Radetzkystr. 2;A-1031 Vienna;;;Austria
LABEL;WORK;ENCODING=3DQUOTED-PRINTABLE:Radetzkystr. 2=3D0D=3D0AA-1031 =
Vienna=3D0D=3D0AAustria
ADR;HOME:;;Habicherg. 31/7;A-1160 Vienna;;;Austria
LABEL;HOME;ENCODING=3DQUOTED-PRINTABLE:Habicherg. 31/7=3D0D=3D0AA-1160 =
Vienna=3D0D=3D0AAustria
EMAIL;PREF;INTERNET:franz.schoenhofer@chello.at
REV:20010118T000353Z
END:VCARD