Re: Two DU articles with a different slant

-----Ursprüngliche Nachricht-----
Von: NECNP <necnp@necnp.org>
An: Multiple recipients of list <radsafe@romulus.ehs.uiuc.edu>
Datum: Dienstag, 23. Jänner 2001 16:50
Betreff: Two DU articles with a different slant

>I usually just lurk on this list, but I thought that the following articles
>from the UK might give you all some food for thought.  Dave Pyles

Sorry, I do not get the sense of these articles or why you posted them (of
course I do not want to exercise censorship for postings, I just am
curious). The claims are not new, not new is that the reasoning that one
alpha-particle   w i l l   cause cancer is something which even the (wo)man
from the street will understand as nonsense, when you will explain to him or
her (sorry - her or him) that the body is loaded with all kind of
radioactive stuff, ranging from K-40, C-14, T to radium, thorium, daughter
products which exceeds anything that could be incorporated from depleted
uranium in the Gulf region or Kosovo by orders of magnitude and that mankind
would have vanished because of cancer since millions of years, if the claim
of "one alpha is cancer" would be true. I do not want to repeat arguments,
look at the
other relevant postings. The facts about depleted uranium and similar stuff
has been extensively discussed on RADSAFE, please read it. I do not believe
that anything else has to be added.

>New England Coalition on Nuclear Pollution
>P. O. Box 545
>Brattleboro VT 05302-0545

This is according to the web site cited clearly an antinuclear organisation.
I have not wasted my time to go through the web site further than the
headlines. Are you in the footsteps of Norman? I will not engage in such
discussions again, because it would be a waste of time. I would recommend to
others not to respond to these provocations.

Or maybe I just am on the way to become paranoid because of being fed with
all that stuff by our mass media?

Franz