RE: US Energy Dep't cites nuclear lab over safety

> BTW, I agree that DOE has screwed up as a self-regulator at the weapons
> facilities and should, at a minimum, be audited by a 3rd party.  However,
> the accelerator facilities seem to have done ok.

	From the Rad Tech's I have come in contact with, the accelerator
facilities are anything but ok.

	The Rad Tech's would complain that a researcher needs to imp[rove
their rad worker practices and all they get is "Well they will take their
research somewhere else and we'll lose the research money".  "Let them slide
this time ok"; or "if you want to go somewhere else it's OK with
management".

	My own opinions.

	Michael D. Kent