Re: NRC regulation of DOE facilties

"Since DOE no longer operates any reactors, NRC has no licensing regulations that
would apply..."  Nothing like leading with a non sequitur.  The NRC regulates
source, byproduct, and special nuclear material.  All of these are used at DOE
facilities, the last time I looked.

The budgeting issues can be resolved.  I believe that the NRC can provide better
regulation of these materials at a lower cost than is currently provided by DOE-EH.

It's not about dose, it's about trust.

Bill Lipton
liptonw@dteenergy.com