NRC guidlines Criteria for medical RSO

Dear Fellow Radsafers:

I am wondering if you can shed some light on the criteria or guidlines such
as educational and on the job background experience for medical RSO in a
University setting along with its medical establishement which are required
by NRC.

are such requirements mandatory or are subjective depending on the candidate
educational background and experience.  I am certain no one was born as an
RSO.