From: J. J. Rozental <joseroze@netvision.net.il>
To: <radsafe@romulus.ehs.uiuc.edu>
Sent: Tuesday, February 06, 2001 8:48 AM
Subject: Information

Dear colleagues I need to prepare an information, please, who can confirm
the below data:

Approximate dose rate to the hand for I Curie of Cs-137 (see note 1):
Surface Dose Rate 513 R/min, Dose Rate at 1 cm tissue depth 28 R/min,  Dose
Rate at 3 cm  tissue depth 3.7 R/min. For the purpose of calculations the
activity is considered to be a point source and Industrial source housing
are usually for stainless steel, outside diameter ¼ inch, with a wall of
1/32 inch thick,  source considered point source.

(1) Ref.  Training Course on Medical Planning and Care in Radiation
Accidents, Reference Manual REAC/TC, December 7/8, 1987, Rio de Janeiro,
Brazil.

Thanks for the help

Jose Julio Rozental
joseroze@netvision.net.il