From: Somerville, Mark [mailto:MOS3@pge.com]
Sent: Friday, February 09, 2001 1:53 PM
To: Multiple recipients of list
Subject: Ernest Rising

------_=_NextPart_000_01C092C6.FE5F4410

All,
Ernest Sternglass was in San Luis Obispo last night speaking the language of
death and destruction.  He ranted and rambled on TV, the radio, and to an
audience at Cal Poly, our local university.

The audience was the same, pretty much, in all venues.  That audience is a
group of about 3 dozen "activists" who, like roller-coaster junkies or
horror movie aficionados, just like to be scared.

My question, especially to Dr. Cohen is:  What does Ernest really do?
He gets his credibility by being a professor of physics at the University of
Pittsburgh.
I went to Pitt.  That's where I got my masters degree with Gur, and Watson,
and Wald and the like.  I never saw Sternglass there, and believe me I
looked.  I never had a class with him.

I have been to lectures or presentations by Dr. Cohen.

Thanks in advance,

Mark Somerville

Certified Health Physicist
Registered Environmental Assessor
Senior Engineer - Radiation Protection
NVLAP Technical Director
Diablo Canyon Power Plant
(805) 545-4007
mailto: mos3@pge.com

------_=_NextPart_000_01C092C6.FE5F4410
	filename="Somerville, Mark.vcf"

BEGIN:VCARD
VERSION:2.1
N:Somerville;Mark
FN:Somerville, Mark
ORG:PG&E Utility;Radiation Protection
TITLE:SR. RP Engineer
TEL;WORK;VOICE:691-4007
ADR;WORK:;2/217;Bldg 104;Diablo Canyon
LABEL;WORK;ENCODING=QUOTED-PRINTABLE:2/217=0D=0ABldg 104=0D=0ADiablo Canyon
EMAIL;PREF;INTERNET:MOS3@pge.com
REV:20000727T160159Z
END:VCARD

------_=_NextPart_000_01C092C6.FE5F4410--