From: Oldewage, Hans D [mailto:HDOLDEW@sandia.gov]
Sent: Monday, February 12, 2001 1:28 PM
To: Multiple recipients of list
Subject: Sorry - Another DU Question

First, let me say that I do not want to start another DU thread...

I just got done going through several Radsafe archives looking for
information on the presence of transuranics in DU, in order to respond to a
question I received here at work.  As far as I can tell, the presence of
transuranics in DU has been hypothesized based on the detection of U-236 in
Kosovo soil (or other) samples, but has not actually been confirmed.

Is this true?  Or does someone know of any actual detects?

Thanks, and you can respond to me directly at the e-mail address below.
Hans