Fw: RADSAFE digest 3645

I think this is a very interesting point, which needs to be carried one step
higher. What mechanism makes radiation stimulate the immune system, if it
does?  Is it a unique response or do other agents also elicit a response?  I
have seen several posting about the effects, but little information on what
makes it happen.  And please, if someone responds, do NOT provide a list of
studies that show the effects, but not the mechanisms.  My time is too
valuable to weed through speculations.

-- John

John Jacobus, MS, CHP
Medical Health Physicist