RE: How to obtain DOE Q and L clearances

Actually, it is not quite that simple.  The level of access for each
is dependant upon the type of classification, not just the level of
classification.  There is also the ever present "Need to Know".  If
you don't have it, it doesn't matter what clearance you have.

As far as obtaining a clearance, it has the be requested for an
individual by someone within the DOE system, who has to give a
justification for granting the clearance.  In other words, you can't
just request one.  Someone else has to request one for you.  Oh yeah,
and it takes forever.

>Q ~ Top Secret
>L ~ Secret

Kim Merritt, RRPT
Lawrence Livermore National Laboratory
Physics and Advanced Technologies Directorate
Safety Support Officer
phone: (925)423-9668 fax: (925)422-7160
mailto:merritt9@llnl.gov

"If the only tool you own is a hammer, every
  problem begins to resemble a nail."
  Abraham Maslow