More nuclear evils ...

I'm sure we'll see all the evils of nuclear power reprised on tonight's
news, after this press conference.

[BEGIN RANT]  Maybe someone should hold a press conference on how the
fossil fuel industry destroys millions of acres of pristine landscapes,
pollutes groundwater, kills mountain streams, and busts local economies
to make money (and electricity).  Oh yeah, no one cares about coal
mining, do they?  And we're not even to the part about the coal-fired
power plant emissions.... [END RANT]

Opinions (and rantings) are my own.

--Susan Gawarecki

Groups Release Report: 'How The Nuclear Power
Industry Destroys Endangered Marine Wildlife
And Ocean Habitat To Save Money'
via office.com

News Advisory:

WHO: -- Scott Denman, Safe Energy Communication
Council -- Linda Gunter, Safe Energy Communication
Council

-- David Lochbaum, Union of Concerned Scientists
-- Dr. Naomi Rose, Humane Society of the United
States

-- Eric Glitzenstein, Meyer & Glitzenstein

WHAT: Press conference to announce release of
landmark report authored by Safe Energy
Communication Council, Nuclear Information and
Resource Service and Standing for Truth about
Radiation on damage to endangered marine life and
ocean habitat due to nuclear power industry use of
an ecologically destructive cooling technology in
nuclear power plants nationwide.

WHEN: Thursday, February 22 12 noon-1:30 p.m.

WHERE: National Press Club Lisagor Room 14th and F
Streets NW Washington, D.C.
--
Susan L. Gawarecki, Ph.D., Executive Director
Oak Ridge Reservation Local Oversight Committee