Re: LNT, SNT, or whatever

Hi,
 I have been reading the various posts about hormeisis and DNA damage, and
radon damage to the lung and linear no threshold, etc etc etc .and it leads
me to a rather simple question/thought: We "know" how much natural
radioactive material there is in the earth, we can back calculate and realize
that the world of the past was a much more radioactive place than it is now,
so isn't it reasonable to think that the very impact of radiation is what
promoted the mutations and hence evolution of the planet's inhabitants, man
included??We've been living with this stuff forever and it seems to me that
we are so focused on studying the leaf from one tree in the forest, that  we
may be missing the big picture.. maybe we are adapted to and by radiation and
maybe we needed it for evolutionary purposes.... and maybe, based on our
history with the radioacitve  earth,, just maybe, low chronic doses are
really ok, our bodies can cope and there really is a threshold..and maybe
(this is really radical guys so hang on....) the folks who develop cancer (or
other diseases)  are the ones who would be "de-selected" in an evolutionary
sense... (and before you jump all over me, alot of us, myself included, are
alive today because of antibiotics, surgeries, etc)  ... (ps  I know, in  the
future I shall keep such blasphemous thoughts to myself.)
regards to all
      Patty