Safety standards of infra-red devices

Hi,

  Would anybody quote me any international standards or reports which

mention the safety guidelines and power levels of using infra-red devices.

I knew that ANSI standards had mentioned safety guidelines on laser usage

which covered also the carbon dioxide laser, infra-red emission. But are

there other standards excluding infra-red laser aspects in a much broader

sense in infra-red safety which I assume may cover skin burning or heating

up the human body. Similarly ,like recent investigations of mobile phone in

non-ionizing radiation aspect which tackle also the heating effect to the

brain for prolonged usage.

  Thank you for any response.

>From : John Lam, Physicist

Medical Physics Department, Pamela Youde Hospital, Hong Kong