Why Uzbeks to N. Korea?

When I was in Uzbekistan last year I learned that there is a rather large

expatriate Korean population there.  They were displaced to central Asia during

WW II. (They are also the most successful farmers in this challenging country.)

Uzbekistan is also actively teaming with S. Korea and some other countries on

nuclear cooperation and development.  They are quite likely to become the

dominant regional power in Central Asia over the next few years and are worth

watching.

George J. Vargo, Ph.D., CHP

Pacific Northwest National Laboratory

International Nuclear Safety Program