Counter

We have an old gamma counter that is headed for salvage and would like

to know if anyone has information on some design features.  We are

interested in what the detector is and whether or not there is an

internal source we need to know about before getting rid of the

instrument.  It is a Tracer Analytic Model 1165 Serial Number 85R-029.

There is a sketch showing a detector in a lead shield made up of stacked

rings.  It came with a 300 position automatic sample changer.

Your help would be appreciated.

John Ahlquist

Lawrence Berkeley National Laboratory

phone 510-486-6197