Re: EPA, risk and dose

- --part1_4e.1385a451.27f4aafd_boundary

In a message dated 03/29/2001 7:10:18 AM Pacific Standard Time,

zack.clayton@EPA.STATE.OH.US writes:

> It seems that USEPA has put the cart before the horse.  Dose is the

> invariable factor at a site apart from remediation activity.  It is

> directly and repeatably measurable by anyone with calibrated instruments.

> The assigned risk for that dose is the variable function based on the

> political/science agenda du jour.  If they go with a calculated risk

> instead of a measurable quantity its easier to hide behind absurd numbers.

Okay, so I'm not crazy.  This is kind of what I'm thinking.

Barbara

- --part1_4e.1385a451.27f4aafd_boundary

<HTML><FONT FACE=arial,helvetica><FONT  SIZE=2>In a message dated 03/29/2001 7:10:18 AM Pacific Standard Time,

<BR>zack.clayton@EPA.STATE.OH.US writes:

<BR>

<BR>

<BR><BLOCKQUOTE TYPE=CITE style="BORDER-LEFT: #0000ff 2px solid; MARGIN-LEFT: 5px; MARGIN-RIGHT: 0px; PADDING-LEFT: 5px">It seems that USEPA has put the cart before the horse. &nbsp;Dose is the

<BR>invariable factor at a site apart from remediation activity. &nbsp;It is

<BR>directly and repeatably measurable by anyone with calibrated instruments. &nbsp;&nbsp;

<BR>The assigned risk for that dose is the variable function based on the

<BR>political/science agenda du jour. &nbsp;If they go with a calculated risk

<BR>instead of a measurable quantity its easier to hide behind absurd numbers.

<BR>

<BR></BLOCKQUOTE>

<BR>

<BR>Okay, so I'm not crazy. &nbsp;This is kind of what I'm thinking.

<BR>

<BR>Barbara</FONT></HTML>

- --part1_4e.1385a451.27f4aafd_boundary--