An Odd Situation....

Hello Dear Physicists,

         I wonder if someone could help.

I am a long standing (Ph.D. with over 14 years of research experience in

various national and international laboratories and universities- faculty,

etc) experimental high-energy/nuclear/radiation/medical physicist .

I find myself out of a job for a peculiarly extended period  even after

having unsuccessfully tried all (?) manner of on-line (Monster and other

relevant and general boards) and off-line (relevant publications, etc)

employment sources , and direct applications to potential employers, even

with the willingness to relocate almost anywhere (am currently in the US

midwest).

Does any one know of any headhunters or agencies which would work

one-on-one liaising between employers and candidates ?

I do find it somewhat strange that with so many relevant positions

advertised (and some vacancies not advertised!), an employer would balk at

14 years of experience in advanced research!!

Can anyone offer any explanation, although I can guess at one or two?

Any suggestions and assistance would be appreciated and, if preferred,

maybe forwarded to me directly to  prof@hi-tech2000.com.

Best Regards,

         Amir

Amir H. Sanjari (Dr)