Author of German food irradiation paper

- ------=_NextPart_000_0039_01C0ACC2.1C345B00

        charset="iso-8859-1"

Radsafers,

With the help of Chuck Cooper I found the site of the

Bundesforschungsanstalt für Ernaehrung and so the telephone number. I spoke

with Dr. Henry Delincee, the principal author of the study. He knew about

the English translation, he shared my opinion that it was a good

translation, obviously done by a professional (and not "by Public Citizen")

and he confirmed to me personally all the details described in the paper -

about the incredible high amount fed to the rats, all the warnings the

authors had put into the paper regarding conclusions from these results for

the concentrations actually being produced by irradiation etc. He does not

support the conclusions of Public Citizen.

He obviously has experienced worse situations regarding irradiation of food.

The Institute is well known for its research and opinion on irradiation of

food. You can look at http//:www.dainet.de/bfe/, they have a button for

"English", but I have not checked it out.

Dr. Delincee told me, that they had proceeded with their tests, using also

other 2-alkylcyclobutanones. I do not want to tell about the results, they

will be presented at a big international conference in Avignon in the end of

March.

Hope I could help to clarify the situation!

Best regards,

Franz

- ------=_NextPart_000_0039_01C0ACC2.1C345B00

        name="Franz Schoenhofer.vcf"

        filename="Franz Schoenhofer.vcf"

BEGIN:VCARD

VERSION:2.1

N:Schoenhofer;Franz

FN:Franz Schoenhofer

ORG:Federal Ministry for Agriculture, Forestry, Environment and Water =

Management, Department of Radiation Protection

TEL;WORK;VOICE:+43-1-71100-4458

TEL;HOME;VOICE:+43-1-495 53 08

TEL;CELL;VOICE:+43-699-116 813 19

TEL;WORK;FAX:+43-1-7122331

TEL;HOME;FAX:+43-1-495 53 08

ADR;WORK:;;Radetzkystr. 2;A-1031 Vienna;;;Austria

LABEL;WORK;ENCODING=3DQUOTED-PRINTABLE:Radetzkystr. 2=3D0D=3D0AA-1031 =

Vienna=3D0D=3D0AAustria

ADR;HOME:;;Habicherg. 31/7;A-1160 Vienna;;;Austria

LABEL;HOME;ENCODING=3DQUOTED-PRINTABLE:Habicherg. 31/7=3D0D=3D0AA-1160 =

Vienna=3D0D=3D0AAustria

EMAIL;PREF;INTERNET:franz.schoenhofer@chello.at

REV:20010314T190523Z

END:VCARD