Request for Asstistance

I am sending the following request for assistance for Mr. Michael Coogen of

the Defense Logistics Agency.  If you have any information please contact

him directly at the 703-767-6231.

An NRC license was issued to the Defense Supply Agency (now

     Defense Logistics Agency) on Oct 28,1969 and terminated on Dec 12,

     1969. The byproduct material listed in the license is multi-curies

     Cs-137 sources, which range from 30 to 130 curies. Under Condition 7

     of the NRC license is listed "Oak Ridge National Laboratory Sealed

     Sources." The NRC is requesting assistance in gathering additional

     information as to whether or not these radiation sources (use to

     calibrate Civil Defense meters CD-V-794/2, CD V-794X abd CD V-795).

     Understanding that almost 30 years has transpired since the

     termination of the NRC license, I respecfully request any information

     that you might have regarding this NRC license. The NRC license number

     is 37-10913-03, issued to the Defense Supply Agency, Defense Personnel

     Support Center, 2800 South 20th Street, Philadelphia. The individual

     was used under the supervision of Mr. Foster A. Gerhart, Jr. I don't

     know whether this individual work for GSA and/or was contracted by GSA

     from Oak Ridge. My phone is 703-767-6231. Any information on the

     disposition of these sealed sources would be greatly appreciated.

     michael coogen health physicist

James H. Reese

ERS Solutions, Inc.

Health Physicist