Re: Precautionary principle

Ruth, this column by Prather:

http://www.worldnetdaily.com/news/article.asp?ARTICLE_ID=22616

which was cited by Jim Muckerheide furnishes one parsimonious account

of the EPA interest in arsenic. For the EPA, I believe that

"precautionary ..."  in this regard is irrelevant.  EPA made a clever

beginning with the distortions in  Carson's Silent Spring and the

agency has continued to learn and grow to the monstrosity that we face

today. Data did not deter them then, and data certainly are no

deterrent to them today.

-----------------  not snipped 'cuz I think the connection here is