Senator Daschle and Senate Bill S242

With the comments made by Senator Daschle and implied

by Senator Reid, both Democrats, regarding Yucca Mtn.

I wonder how they voted or are going to vote for

Senate Bill S242 proposed by Senator Bingaman,

Democrat, which increases the funding to colleges and

universities for nuclear engineering and nuclear

science programs. I do not even know the status of

this bill.

Perhaps both are going to introduce a law allowing for

the reprocessing of spent nuclear fuel and obsolete

weapon SMN into new fuel for new nuclear power plants

(there is a law prohibiting commerical nuclear power

plants from making SMN for weapons, but I do not know

of a law that states we cannot turn weapons into fuel

for electricity).

Any thoughts on this?

Paul Shafer