RE: Nuclear Waste, Science, & Politics

Despite the polls, I think most people care about the advantages or

disadvantages of nuclear power, unless it affects them directly.  In the

Washington, DC, area, we have some of the worst commuting traffic in the

country.  Actually, it is the third worst.  Polls indicate people want

something done. Yet, the citizens will fight to prevent the building of new

roads and bridges.  The fact is the roads are needed.  The truth is no one

wants to suffer for it.  The fact is nuclear power is safe.  The truth is no

one wants to have it.

I bet if you took a poll on building a "clean" coal plant people would be in

favor of it.  However, try to site one in a town.

-- John

John Jacobus, MS

Certified Health Physicist

3050 Traymore Lane