Re: Nuclear Waste, Science, & Politics and 40 CFR Part 197

"In what is nothing more than overt pandering to the anti-nukes,----"
> Government officials must listen to what anti-nukes and other assorted crazies
have to say, but where is it written that their irrational ideas must be taken seriously,
much less, reflected in policy.

"What is the cost of this change buying us?  Nothing at all. "
> That's true only if you consider the public good. The bureaucrat gets $50-100K
more funds to administer, and the contractor gets the money.

"For that matter, when one considers the range of uncertainties involved, the
"new" 15 mrem/year standard is no different from the "old" 25 mrem/year
standard
"
> That's true, but what's your point? Are you suggesting that EPA standards
ought to be rational. WOW, what a radical concept!