Can you identify the intended purpose of this equipment?

Radsafers,

One item from a large quantity lot acquired at a govt auction has me stumped.

It's a 2,300 pound steel and lead device that I've put three photos of it

up at...

http://www.radmeters4u.com/equip.htm

If you get a chance, please take a peek at it and give me your best

guesstimates

of what it is and/or likely was used for.

Thank you,

Shane Connor