German electrical energy sources

All I can add at this point is I hope that Germany can

produce enough elecricity with wind kinetic energy

given their smaller land area/population and growing

high tech economy.  They do have excellent

helical-vortex units and have some interesting

"gyro-flywheel" engineering concepts and prototypes.

However, as I mentioned to some last evening, it is a

shame, since German nuclear technology is excellent

and has been over-looked for at least 25 years.  The

workmanship is excellent. Fortunately their nuclear

technology will be developed and used elsewhere,

perhaps even in the US.

Germany also knows that right next door is heavily

nuclear powered France and the grid no longer stops at

the border.

Even in the US with much more wind generation

potential

in many areas of the country coupled with "gyro

flywheels" and improved superconductivity for

transmission, improved grid connections and line

devices which allow for increasing or decreasing

voltage with outside and line temperatures), we still

view wind as part of a mix of non-chemical (renewable,

convertable etc.) means to generate electricity along

with nuclear, solar, hydro which will make up about

50% total by 2020 with any luck.

By the way, Senator Lugar and Senator Fitzgerald sent

me nice letters regarding "non-chemical electrical

energy parks" and they stated very clearly that they

among many others support nuclear power and the

Bingaman Bill did pass and therefore $260 million will

go into nuclear science and engineering programs on

campuses in the US.  I would hope that part of this

money is used for the Nuclear Radiation Protection

Engineering (Reactor Health Physics) programs as well.

The advanced nuclear power generation may commence as

early as 2006 with a few new small modular demo

plants. (This is really ironic since we shut down all

of the really hard working and some excellent

performing small nukes and they are now in SAFSTOR or

DECON).

Check out www.tlgservices.com/nucleus/nucleus.htm for

interest.

Paul Shafer

Physics Teacher and former Nuclear Radiation

Protection Engineer-LACBWR and Pathfinder