Re: Radioepidemiology Tables

At 10:13 PM 6/18/01 +0000, james.g.barnes@ATT.NET wrote:

>Good afternoon, all;

>The Energy Employees Occupational Illness Compensation

>Program states (42 USC Sec. 3623(c)(3)(A)):

>"Such guidelines (for award of benefits-jgb) shall be

>based on the radiation dose received by the employee (or

>a group of employees performing similar work) at such

>facility and the upper 99 percent confidence interval of

>the probability of causation in the radioepidemiological

>tables published under section 7(b) of the Orphan Drug

>Act (42 USC 241 note). . . ."

>I have been trying to find a copy of the referenced

>tables, but so far am having no success.

>Does anyone know where a copy of the cited tables can be

>located (preferebly an on-line source)?

>Thanks,

>James Barnes, CHP

>Radiation Safety Officer

>Rocketdyne/Boeing

>james.g.barnes@att.net

>radsafe" (no quote marks) in the body of the e-mail, with no subject line.

>Dear James and Radsafers:

I have no idea whether or not this is on the web, but here is the

publication information:

     REPORT OF THE NATIONAL INSTITUTES OF HEALTH AD HOC WORKING GROUP TO

DEVELOP                           RADIOEPIDEMIOLOGICAL TABLES

Responding to the Congressional Mandate under Section 7(b) of the Orphan

Drug Act of                        January 4, 1983 (PL 97-414)

                           January 4, 1985

                   Published by the Office of the Director

                           National Institutes of Health

                        NIH Publication No. 85-2748

For sale by the Superintendent of Documents, U.S. Govt. Printing Office,

Washington, D.C. 20402.

By the way, the analysis is really flawed, and I refer you to JAMA

257(6)806-809, 1987 for a scathing critique.

Ciao, Carol

Carol S. Marcus, Ph.D., M.D.

<csmarcus@ucla.edu>