RE: Cartoons

 There was a document published in 1950 by the Fire and Accident Branch of

the New York Operations Ofice and published by the Technical Information

Division, Oak Ridge Extension, Oak Ridge Tennessee, as NYO-1520 called the

Radiation Safety Primer.  It was a radiation safety training manual that

appears to be written for, what today, would be called technically

illiterate individuals.  It consists soleley of cartoon characters with

simplistic captions.

There was also a training manual for the Naval Nuclear Program at Newport

News Shipyard and Drydock circa early 1960's.  It was titled "Underway on

Nuclear Power.." Safely; Radiation Protection.  It was prepared by the

Health Physics section of Newport News Shipyard and Drydock.  It has more

technically oriented graphics, and would be the recommended one in my

opinion.

I have one historical copy of each.  I would be willing to copy them for

you, but will not let go of the originals.  If you are interested, let me

know.

Jim Stokes RRPT