Re: NRC interpretations? Security for one...

At 09:49 AM 8/7/01 -0500, Brian Olson wrote:

>Dear Radsafe:  Unlike OSHA, I cannot find any NRC interpretations for their

>regulations.

>Does anyone have interpretation literature or official clarification

>language pertaining to 10CFR20.1801 and 1802?  I am aware of the search

>capabilities at the NRC website and have reviewed their enforcement records

>pertaining to the issue - which is a good reference.

>We have a good and strong policy, but I am always trying to make it more

>clear for the users by providing them with official interpretations.

>Thanks for your time,

>Brian Olson

>Manager, EH&S

>Promega Corp.

>bolson@promega.com

>radsafe" (no quote marks) in the body of the e-mail, with no subject line.

>Dear Brian:

The only one I know of is NUREG-1736, "Consolidated Guidance: Standards for

Protection against Radiation in 10 CFR Part 20, Draft Report for Comment".

This was published by NRC in September, 2000.  What you are looking for is

on pp. 3-133 and 3-134.  I'm sure this is on the NRC website.  If any other

Radsafers know of something better, please let me know, too!

Ciao, Carol

Carol S. Marcus, Ph.D., M.D.

<csmarcus@ucla.edu>