Re: radioactivity from fossil fuel power stations

I think Dr. Cohen's analysis raised some interesting questions and

shouldn't be dismissed, especially if we are taking the concerns of

anti-nuclear activists seriously in this country.  My concerns were with

the geological assumptions.  His arguments might be strengthened if he

were to work closely with an interested geologist at University of

Pittsburgh to ensure that the assumptions accurately reflect current

geological theory and represent a statistically significant potential

radon contribution, when you consider the big geological picture.

Regards,

Susan

--

Susan L. Gawarecki, Ph.D., Executive Director

Oak Ridge Reservation Local Oversight Committee

                       -----

A schedule of meetings on DOE issues is posted on our Web site

http://www.local-oversight.org/meetings.html - E-mail loc@icx.net