RE: Dateline NBC TMI special

Jim,

I will not get into the technical aspects of the accident, or the timing of

the show.  It is not worth my time to argue these points.  There was enough

blame to go around.  As they said at the end, the reactor safety system

worked.  The staff, utility, and government failed.  The media reported what

was told and what they saw, confusion.

Today, the real issue is not reactor safety.  Politics is the issue and that

is why this show was useful in understanding our current nuclear energy

situation.  In my opinion, the lack of information (both technical and in

the media), contradictory statements, and the destruction of public trust

during and after the accident are the points at which you should look.  The

loss of faith in nuclear power, the utilities, and the government was lost,

and has not been regained.

-- John

John Jacobus, MS

Certified Health Physicist