Re: Compensation of survivors

Dr. Cohen,

First, I am not sure how you compensate a person who was killed. That

is, the dead are beyond compensation for the loss of their life.

Second, I believe that the US Government did pay the individual's

survivors with the GI insurance policy that each was provided.

Third, with some significant exceptions (such as Gulf War syndrome)

those who are injured while in the military or are wounded in war are

compensated by the VA and receive medical benefits for those injuries.

Paul Lavely <lavelyp@uclink2.berkeley.edu>