Re: US DOE-Yucca Mountain would meet radiation limits

> EPA Administrator Christine Todd Whitman in June announced new

> standards for residents that live near the Nevada desert site. She

> said EPA will limit overall radiation exposure for citizens living

> near Yucca Mountain to 15 millirem per year. That level is roughly

> double the exposure from naturally occurring radioactive materials in

> brick houses, she said.

Where did this "Brick House" standard come from? Is the brick house

located in Las Vegas or Denver or where? How about radon infiltration?

I don't know for sure, but doesn't 15 mrem/y seem excessive? I am

surprised that EPA would allow so much risk. Perhaps they should

conduct further study . Have a nice day :-)