Determining volts/meter

Hi all,

I need a little explanation from any instrumentation/electronics folks out

there.  I've been reading about cell phone interactions with dosimeters

including ANSI N42.20-1995 which says, "The variation of response shall not

be greater than * 10% when the electromagnetic radiation field strength of

100 Vm-1 at frequencies above 100 kHz to 500 MHz and 1 Vm-1 at frequencies

above 500 MHz to 1 GHz".  My question is, if I know the cell phone frequency

and transmitter power in watts, how do I calculate volts/meter? Is this

possible or do I need more information? Any help will be greatly

appreciated.

Ken Jenkins

Health Physics Instructor

Southern Nuclear Operating Company