Re: questions

Even cell phones have been converted to guns--if it weren't for them, the

plane that crashed in PA would probably have been used as a weapon also

(depending on what the flight crew knew and what choices they made). And

it's not hard to hide a hard-plastic knife under your clothes. Banning all

carryon bags (like my softside briefcase), cell phones, etc. would make air

travel that much more unpleasant without accomplishing the intended goal.

The most effective action on Tuesday was that the passengers realized that

they had a choice to be part of the solution.

Without expressing my personal opinion, one reason that OK, TX, and FL have

concealed weapon laws is that it serves as a deterrent. One thought

expressed a couple of years ago was that if a similar law existed in CO, and

even 10 percent of the 100+ Columbine staff chose to arm themselves, only

about three people would have died there--the gunmen and the first person

they shot. I'm not advocating that passengers be allowed to carry guns on

airplanes, whether or not they have a license, federal or otherwise

(depressurization, etc. considerations from an over-eager hero). However,

one of the rules of personal (emphasis on "personal")security is that you

avoid going to crime scene #2 at all costs--there's a reason someone wants

you there instead of where you are, and it's never to your benefit. There's

much more to be said about this, but it's way off-topic; if I weren't

responding to Mr. Kent's comment, I wouldn't have said this much.

Jack Earley

Radiological Engineer

Enercon Services, Inc.

6525 N. Meridian, Suite 503

OKC, OK  73116

phone: 405-722-7693

fax:       405-722-7694

jearley@enercon.com

This e-mail and any of its attachments may contain Enercon Services, Inc.

proprietary information, which is privileged, confidential, or subject to

copyright belonging to Enercon Services, Inc. This e-mail is intended solely

for the use of the individual or entity to which it is addressed.  If you

are not the intended recipient of this e-mail, you are hereby notified that

any dissemination, distribution, copying, or action taken in relation to the

contents of and attachments to this e-mail is strictly prohibited and may be

unlawful.  If you have received this e-mail in error, please notify the

sender immediately and permanently delete the original and any copy of this

e-mail and any printout.