Post incident assessment of radioactivity releases

Dear all,
    I am interested in learning more about the methods used to undertake the assessment of releases of radioactive material following accidents/incidents at large nuclear facilities.  I am reasonably familiar with the methods recommended by the NRPB in the UK, but would like information (or directions to reference material) on other methods that may be used to estimate the magnitude of the release and the derivation of countermeasure advice.

many thanks
            Julian Ginniver