Yucca Mountain project

Mr. Hoffman:

I happened to see some of your email exchanges on RADSAFE.  I do not wish to engage in a colloquy with you, but I would like to correct one statement you made.  The fraction of military spent nuclear fuel and high=level radioactive waste intended for the high-level waste repository is 10% of the metric tons of uranium equivalent, not 30% as you state.  This is reflected not only in the Nuclear Waste Policy Act of 1982 and the eexecutive decision of 1984, but in Appendix A of the Draft Yucca Moutnain EIS (DOE/EIS-0250D, 1999).

Ruth Weiner, Ph. D.
ruthweiner@aol.com